Re: [Shop-talk] Ever have a day like this?

To: Philip Nase <nases@verizon.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Ever have a day like this?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 21:48:52 -0400
Phil asks...

>Who's making a decent auto retracting reel these days?

I bought 4 different ones so far for this project.  3 where Harbor Freight
Cheepies (two different styles) and one was a "kobalt" one from Lowes.
Marked down to $20!  (with 40 foot of hose.)

It seems that it was replaced by their new model.  If I found 10 more of
them, I would buy them.  VERY nice.  The only problem is the mounting is a
little wacky.  It's well thought out UNTIL you put the fasteners on.
The HF ones are fine for the money but not high quality.  I plan on
replacing them as they break.

So far, this project is into day four.  I LITERALLY have over $1000 of
pipe, fittings and such in my garage (most will be returned unopened.) But
I can't believe that this project is consuming my life!!

Right now, it's all hooked up.  I just have 2 leaks to fix tomorrow.
(which means dissembling pipes to fix them.)

I've taken some pics, I'll post them later.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums