Re: [Shop-talk] Phantom air leak

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Phantom air leak
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 20:38:09 -0700
> Spray a soapy water solution around/on the ball valve.

Good thought, but it didn't show anything.  I forgot to mention, I already
soaped everything I could get to, including the drain valve.

> Bad check valve at the compressor?  Unloader valve leaking?

I was thinking about the check valve at the tank, but I can't explain why it
would leak less with the outlet valve open.  And I'm not particularly eager
to rip into the unit far enough to R&R the check valve.

The unloader valve is supposed to bleed the pressure off of the compressor
when it's not running, so it doesn't seem like the unloader or compressor
could be the problem.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums