[Shop-talk] CSP 3 (ICRI) (moderately not OT)

Subject: [Shop-talk] CSP 3 (ICRI) (moderately not OT)
From: jibjib at att.net (Jack Brooks)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 07:27:02 -0700
The problem with Muriatic Acid is that of off gasses and has the potential
to cause any steel objects in the area to start rusting.  If you use
Muriatic, use PPE, seal the area and ventilate extremely well.

If you just need to open up the pores of the concrete to get some bite
mechanical means would be best.

Also, I have used a water based epoxy to bond between new and old concrete.
It worked well.

Jack