[Shop-talk] vacuum cleaners (non-shop)

Subject: [Shop-talk] vacuum cleaners (non-shop)
From: pethier at comcast.net (pethier at comcast.net)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 18:48:40 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks everybody for your input!

We wound up getting a Bissel bagless "cyclonic" type.  Interesting how the
spoilers at the bottom of the chamber work.  It has a foam pre-motor filter and
a paper(?) post-motor HEPA filter.  It does not have the removable canister
vacuum, but the hose is part of the regular path.  The power switch is
convenient (unlike the Hoover) and has a secondary switch so you can vac
without powering the brush.  The accessories include a turbine-powered brush
head for the hose.  The one thing I think is designed wrong is that the crevice
tool is too short and too thick.  I guess you have to have wide shallow
crevices...

It seems to work OK and be pretty-well built.  Sucked up a lot of fluff the
Hoover has apparently been missing.  It was abut 1/4 of the Dyson price, so we
can afford to experiment.

My wife went out and bought a belt for the Hoover anyway, and I put it back
together last night.  She wants to give it to Daughter #1.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net