[Shop-talk] Natural Gas vs Propane Grills

Subject: [Shop-talk] Natural Gas vs Propane Grills
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (BJNoSHOV8)
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 20:16:41 -0500
Well a little bit no but mostly yes.  Everything from point A to point B
can affect the flow.  In other words for every foot of the bigger tubing
there is a certain amount of loss in pressure, for every foot of the
smaller tubing there is a different amount of loss in pressure, probably
a much bigger loss than the larger tubing, and then any fittings that
are in the path will also have a certain amount of pressure loss that
goes with them.  (If there are holes in the fittings that are smaller
than the ID of the tubing, then it is obvious, but even if the holes
aren't smaller there is still pressure loss due to irregular shapes,
steps, etc. inside of the fittings.)

Consider all of these losses, and how much pressure is at the supply
end, and that will determine how much flow makes it all the way
through.  (Works the same way with electricity.)