[Shop-talk] reduced engine power

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] reduced engine power
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:30:59 -0500
My 2003 Tahoe takes me to the shop when I am away from it (shop content).
Road trip down I-65 this weekend and three times my check engine light comes
on... dash display says "reduced engine power" and it drops to 4 cylinders...
coasted to shoulder, turned it off...sit a minute and restarted ...all ok...

diagnostic code on return shows P1516...  google found some info on a broken
wire (inside the insulation) on the Throttle Body   or a bad crimp on the TB
wiring connections...

any one else ever have this problem..

on several occasions in the past I've had this same problem (check engine
light and reduced power) when first starting (either cold or hot) and it went
away with a restart...  related ??

ideas ??

thanks
John