Re: [Shop-talk] CSP 3 (ICRI) (moderately not OT)

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] CSP 3 (ICRI) (moderately not OT)
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:28:18 -0400
On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Scott Hall
<scott.hall.personal@gmail.com> wrote:
> About to tile the bathroom. B House is on a slab. B Existing slab is not
> level. B I've purchased self-leveler that requires the slab be prepared to
> CSP 3 (ICRI).
>
> Googling turns up a lot of instructions for other stuff that wants the same
> level of prep. to install...but no detail as to what CSP 3 (ICRI) actually
> is.
>
> The slab had vinyl on it. B It's removed. B Any idea what I need to do to
it
> now to get the leveler to stick? B I'll be doing the same thing to the
garage
> bathroom after I'm done with this one.

ICRI is the "international concrete repair institute", a trade group.
They've got standards on surface roughness ("concrete surface
profile").  Higher the number the rougher the surface.  I know
grinding typically results in CSP 2, but I don't know what the others
look like.

Can you ask your supplier or manufacturer about it?

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums