Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Well Water Pressure Tanks

To: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] OT: Well Water Pressure Tanks
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:24:24 -0400
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 4:14 PM, Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:
> Isn't there a huge variation in requirements depending on how deep the well
> is?
>
> (Around here, my basement would fill up with water in the springtime
> if there was no sump pump...)

Pump, tank, and well are a system.  They need to be matched.  If you
have a well that's a really slow producer, you need a bigger storage
tank (and maybe a second pump for water pressure for the loads.).  IF
you've got a high-volume well, you can get by with a small tank.  IF
you're in the middle, with a well that generally produces about the
demand, you need a fairly large tank.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com