Re: [Shop-talk] multimedia in the shop

To: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] multimedia in the shop
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 12:19:19 -0400
Hi, Randall,

    In your message you posed a question:

-----Original Message-----
>no dust on them.  (However, I do need to take them down and replace the
>surrounds. Anyone else tried that?)

    If you mean replacing the foam that holds the speaker cone to the frame
I've done it.  I replaced the foam on my AR 98LS speakers (bought them in
1983!).  I got the replacement foam from a company I found on the net.
There are several.  One is http://www.newfoam.com/ - I'm pretty sure that
this is the company I dealt with.  Good instructions, reasonable prices,
speakers still working fine after a couple of years.

    Of course if you mean something else just ignore my ramblings.

    Oh, I almost forgot - I need to refoam a pair of speakers that I plan on
using in the garage (obligatory shop-talk that also happens to be true;-)

    'later,

Mark Watson
1965 Ford Falcon -  goal = back on the road this summer,
1956 Daimler Regency Mk II - goal = back on road before I die,
various transportation pods.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums