[Shop-talk] Dishwashers again...

Subject: [Shop-talk] Dishwashers again...
From: pj_thomas at comcast.net (Peter J. Thomas)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 20:36:42 -0400
On 3/16/2011 7:58 PM, Matt Trebelhorn wrote:
> Wouldn't have thought to ask this list prior to the recent dishwasher
> thread...
>
> I got home and my wife told me the dishwasher wasn't filling with
> water (she's right).
>
> What to check?
>
> What to look at while I'm in there?
>
> Any good reference sites?
>
> This is a fairly simple Kenmore.

In the bottom usually towards the from is is a float, usually and
inverted cup.  Sometimes a fork or something gets stuck under it leaving
it in the "full" position.  Check under it.  If it rises and falls
correctly listen for the click of the switch when you raise and lower
it.  No click, remove the kick plate and check the contacts with an ohm
meter.

Peter T.