[Shop-talk] Rock salt alternatives

Subject: [Shop-talk] Rock salt alternatives
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:46:40 -0500
OK, trying to 'plan ahead' for next year, I wanted to buy up a bunch of
rock salt (or equivalent) for next winter now that it will be going on
sale.

What I wanted to know, does anyone know which kind of this type of product
does the least damage to the spreading vehicle?

Let me explain.  It seems that there are about 40 different type of
products that do what rock salt does.  Many have reasons as to why they
are the 'best."

What I am most concerned with (besides actually melting ice) is which is
the least corrosive to the vehicles.  I don't' care about 'environmentally
sensitivity' as I don't spread that much
of it around.

Does anyone know of such a product.  Oh, if it was safe for pets feet,
that would be a huge plus.

TIA.

Moose
Waldo Emerson