Re: [Shop-talk] 220V extension cord with breaker

To: "Steven Trovato" <strovato@optonline.net>, "Gil Fuqua"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 220V extension cord with breaker
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:39:52 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Trovato
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:07 PM
To: Gil Fuqua ; shop-talk@autox.team.net

Gil,

...  But it will not meet electrical code and will be slightly less safe.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Sorry but I need a little education here ...

How then does every lamp, laptop power supply, corded electric power tool
and every other thing that I have in my house meet code? None of them have
12 gauge wire on them yet they all plug into the outlets in my house that
are rated for 20 amps? Heck, some of the devices seem to only have 20 gauge
wire on them and are rated to draw only half an amp or less.

Just curious? And I suspect your house has many situations that are similar
to mine. That or you have a much more robust clock radio next to your bed
than I do.

Arvid

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums