[Shop-talk] Best dishwasher? - Epilogue

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher? - Epilogue
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 08:14:32 -0600
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions - here's what happened...

We looked at other dishwashers and read lots of reviews - none of them
seemed any better than what we have and every brand has its share of
dissatisfied customers.  Realizing that a new pump would probably get me
another 5 years for a small fraction of the cost of a new dishwasher that
might not be any better, I pulled our KitchenAid Superba apart.

The problem wasn't the pump at all - the flimsy plastic coupling that drives
the garbage chopper had broken.  The chopper screen had slowly plugged up
with soap residue and lint (yes, lint, and we don't wash clothes in there).
The pump was starving.

I put in a new garbage chopper and our dishes sparkle again.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas !
Karl

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums