[Shop-talk] Best dishwasher?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher?
From: jem at milleredp.com (John Miller)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:26:05 -0800
On 1/25/2011 8:17 PM, old dirtbeard wrote:
> One more data point, we have a 2000 Kitchenaid Superba that I replaced the
> door
> balance cords and the pump/motor (total price of $180 year ago -- it still was
> working but not cleaning as well).

We have had three Kitchenaid dishwashers over the years, the current one
is a KUDP01FL (the cheapest of the high-end models with stainless tub
and controls on top of the door), dates to 2003 when we did the remodel,
gets run about three times a week, so far no complaints.  The only
service work I've had to do on it was to clean out the grinder when bits
of a plastic fork got in there.

I kept the last one out in the side yard outside the shop to wash shop
implements until it finally got too nasty to keep around any longer, it
just went out a few weeks ago.

John.