[Shop-talk] xmas lights, shunts, and magic

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] xmas lights, shunts, and magic
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 00:19:08 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

So the xmas light strand only has half the lights on when we pull it out
this year.

I hate xmas lights.

As we're in the store to buy a new replacement strand, I see a little
pistol shaped gizmo that promises to fix it.  Its got some kinda voltage
detector, a bulb detector, and a magical 'shunt' fixer.

The story on the box is that the shunt gets clogged up like a drain.
Obviously isn't can't actually be the case, but it is true that we plugged
the thing into a non-working bulb on a strand that was out, and then
pulled the trigger a few times and the lights on the strand started
working again.

What the hell actually happened?

Mark

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums