Re: [Shop-talk] Motion sensor lights in the wind

To: Jim and Kathy <Jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Motion sensor lights in the wind
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 5:23:02 -0800
Closest trees are beyond the range of the sensor. There is nothing in the range
of the sensor that could move in the wind. I guess there must be enough
vibration of the cheaply built menard garage kit to set off the sensor. Yet
another reason to tear this POS garage down and start from scratch.

Tim

---- Jim and Kathy <Jandkstone99@msn.com> wrote:

Are there trees nearby? I had this problem with the light I put on my garage,
due to tree limbs that were nearby.  I tried pointing the sensor as far away
from the tress possible, but they still set it off.  I finally decided that
part of the problem was that I had mounted the light too high up (ignoring the
maximum recommended height from the instructions) and relocated the sensor to a
lower spot, which solved the problem.

Sent from my iPad