Re: [Shop-talk] 2004 Toyota Tacoma towing package

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2004 Toyota Tacoma towing package
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:14:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Oct 2010, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I would also make sure they install a brake controller.  All the trucks I
> see with real tow packages have them built in.

    In a recent 3/4 ton truck, yeah.  In a "3/8ths ton" like a Tacoma,
though?  I've never seen that.  Other than a new F150, I'm not sure you
can even buy a 1/2 ton with a factory controller... and you couldn't even
do that until this model year or last.

    One way or another, you'll need wiring for a controller.  If you can
get the dealer to do it, I would.

--
  David Hillman

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums