Re: [Shop-talk] Natural gas fireplace

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Natural gas fireplace
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:59:10 -0400
I am a professional something and I installed my own gas logs, so does that
mean they are "professionally installed"?

If the unit is creating soot, is there enough air going into the unit for
adequate combustion?  And if the soot is reaching the ceiling then it must be
leaking from somewhere.  If the exhaust is going out of the chimney, then air
has to come in from somewhere to replace it, meaning it has to come into the
house from outside and go from the house into the firebox.  (I think some
fireboxes can pull outside air in directly without it going through the house
first.)

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums