Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Heat pump night setback

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Bulk] Re: Heat pump night setback
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:15:07 -0700
> At our new office I found out that the "emergency" heat came on when
> there
> was a more than 5 degree difference between setting and temperature.

I was checking some thermostats on-line, and that appears to be the way most
older ones work.

Seems like it would be trivial to make a more intelligent decision (like
looking at the temperature rise over time and only cutting in the backup
heat if the heat pump can't raise the temperature inside the house), but I
didn't find any thermostats that worked that way.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums