Re: [Shop-talk] Replacing a sheared-off bolt on a brake assembly...

To: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacing a sheared-off bolt on a brake assembly...
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 19:15:45 -0700
  I suspect the fact you asked this question means you're not comfortable using
an 'off-the-shelf' bolt from the local
hardware store.  I wouldn't be.

The caliper bolts I've seen usually have a longer shank (unthreaded part) for
their length than a typical bolt/screw.
If you're in a pinch, put in the store-bought bolt for now, but replace it with
the correct one--which will probably
cost more than you think it should--first chance you get.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums