[Shop-talk] 1/2 in drill chuck

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] 1/2 in drill chuck
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:48:31 -0500
We've had a Craftsman 1/2 in drill (315.10280) just about forever and
it's been a real workhorse. Unfortunately something inside the chuck
seems to have gone walkabout and I can no longer run the chuck
anywhere near all the way in to use smaller bits, etc. I looked on the
Sears site and they don't even list the chuck as a separate part. Does
anyone know if these older Craftman drill use a standard Jacobs chuck?
I'd really like to replace it with a newer keyless piece if I can.

--
Ron

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums