Re: [Shop-talk] Any experience with this HF Compressor?

To: "Mark Andy" <marka@maracing.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Any experience with this HF Compressor?
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 20:21:21 -0400
I often browse the forums at Garage Journal (www.garagejournal.com).

Here's a thread a quick search found:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64845&highlight=harbor+freight+5hp+compressor

<quote>
-
I have the HF 5hp 2 stage 60 gallon compressor. While I have only had it for
a week I love it so far. You can definitely believe the air delivery
specs--it has no problem keeping up with any of my air tools including the
paint I used yesterday or my sand blaster.
-
That's the unit I upgraded to last year. I gave it it's first real workout
sandblasting last week. It kept up pretty good, I rarely had to wait for it
while blasting some inner fenders, by the time I would readjust the
wheelwell to a new angle, it would be ready. As for air tools, it catches up
and shuts off with air ratchets, impacts, and 3" cutoff. I haven't really
tested it with the DA, that's coming soon!
-
My buddy got one of these on the "el cheapo" special noted above. Still
can't believe how cheap it was. He has been running a small two man body
shop with it since then and it seems to be a nice compressor. No problems so
far.
-
</quote>

Eric Russell