Re: [Shop-talk] Programmable thermostat with home/away functions?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Programmable thermostat with home/away functions?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:17:30 -0400
At 11:14 AM 8/4/2010, Lee Daniels wrote:

 >I've had a number of programmable thermostats in my homes, but I have not
 >been able to find one that fits my current need.

 >I have a part of the house that only gets occasional use, and has
it's own HVAC unit. ...

 >The 'stat has the morning/day/evening/night temperature settings,
and this is great when I
 >have guests, etc. But when I'm not using it, I'd still like to have
the 4-time-zone functions, but
 >at a higher temp. I.e. have two different programs - a "home"
program, and an "away" program.
 >(I still want it to run, just not as much.)

As others have said, I don't know of any.  But you might want to
contact the maker of your current
'stat (ie. Honeywell) and explain your needs.  I'm sure you aren't
the only one that would like this
feature.  I know many on this list have wanted a 'stat that they
could set to a lower temp than the
60 or so currently on most 'stats.

So you might be able to get the to add these features into a later 'stat.

John