[Shop-talk] Programmable thermostat with home/away functions?

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Programmable thermostat with home/away functions?
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:14:28 -0500
I've had a number of programmable thermostats in my homes, but I have not been
able to find one that fits my current need.

I have a part of the house that only gets occasional use, and has it's own
HVAC unit. This is Houston area, so A/C is the big power hog. The 'stat has
the morning/day/evening/night temperature settings, and this is great when I
have guests, etc. But when I'm not using it, I'd still like to have the
4-time-zone functions, but at a higher temp. I.e. have two different programs
- a "home" program, and an "away" program. (I still want it to run, just not
as much.) Anyone seen such a beast?

I like the new "internet accessible" units, but for now the price is $$$.

 - Lee

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums