Re: [Shop-talk] drawer kits?

To: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] drawer kits?
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 19:53:54 -0400
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Anyone know of inexpensive drawers suitable for a workshop? B I want
> something say 6" or so high with ball bearing slides. B I care about how it
> works and price and not at all about looks.
>
> I'm going to be making a stand for a mill/drill, and figured if I can
> incorporate some drawers, that would be good.

I've made lots of drawers out of plywood, using pocket holes for the
joinery, and slides from the hardware stores.  Paint them, and they'll
look as good as anything you can buy reasonably cheaply.  Use bottoms
and slides suited for what you're planning to put in them.   Use full
extension slides (these are the ones that let you pull the drawer all
the way out, to get at what's in the back, instead of only 2/3 of the
way out.), they're more than worth the little extra money.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums