Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical stuff

To: Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA <gsteve@hammatt.com>, Shop Talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrical stuff
From: gordies garage <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:32:10 -0400
Now will send it in plain text...

I'm not an electrician, but I have had some experience using VFDs
<http://www.phaseconverterinfo.com/phaseconverter_vfd.htm> as phase
converters.  I believe that either Delta, or Y is very rare (don't know
which one), but I'm sure the VFD
<http://www.phaseconverterinfo.com/phaseconverter_vfd.htm> can handle
it. VFDs <http://www.phaseconverterinfo.com/phaseconverter_vfd.htm> are
sized by horsepower and it is always better to oversize slightly if you
can.  For a pump load, you must oversize by one.
http://www.phaseconverterinfo.com/phaseconverter_vfd.htm
HTH.

Gordie

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums