Re: [Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:26:14 -0400
Wow, is this going to open a can of worms...

A few things I can say is hang up whatever you can on the walls.  Cabinets
and rolling tool boxes are your friends.  I wouldn't make a cart of each
task, as they will eat up alot of room when not in use.

Instead, have one or two blank carts and just put on the tools you need to
use when you need them.

I have a 2500 SQFT shop and I STILL need more space!! 8>)

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
07/12/2010 05:32 PM

cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Organizing garage/shop

I've been thinking of how best to organize my garage/shop and thought you
guys probably had lots of experince in this area. I have a 3 car garage
33x23 and I will soon have have 3 cars in it. There is a raised area on
one side and the back that is @ 3 ft wide. In this raised area I have my
compressor, tool boxes, storage cabinets and lots of other junk. I have
been thinking of having carts dedicated to a/c work, detailing/car wash,
electrical...etc. Another idea is to use peg board to hold some of the
gardening tools (not too much), towing straps, come-alongs, and other
large hand tools that won't fit into the tool chests.
What do you guys think let me know how you've organized your shop/garage.
Thanks
Jorge