Re: [Shop-talk] That isn't nice

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] That isn't nice
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 21:50:42 -0400
On 4/29/2010 9:29 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> soup*. Dish it up for our dinner, turn on the TV to watch the evening
> news. Nothing but static. The cheap little digital converter box we bought
> last year has kissed the turf.

Dunno what to tell ya'.  I was shopping recently and Best Buy had 'em
for about $54.  Here's a very cool web site  http://www.antennaweb.org
that you can plug your address or coordinates into, and it suggests what
you can probably receive (taking topography into account) and suggests
antennas to use.  Apparently there is some unified grading on the new
DTV antennas (good idea.)  Unfortunately, I'm SOL here with some pretty
radical elevation changes.  Had to run coax through one neighbor's yard
the the 2nd just to mount a satellite dish with a clear view!

-W

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums