Re: [Shop-talk] car a/c work

To: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] car a/c work
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:07:46 -0500
That dog won't hunt!

Hot damn, the first thing y'all do is to look at all the hose
connections for oil or possibly dry dirt that looks like it could have
been stuck there by oil. This will give y'all a leg up on where you
might have a leak.

If there is any freon left in the system there is a special light - I
think it;s ultraviolet, and a pair of yellow glasses that will cause the
oil to fluoress greenish yellow. It works much better if the system has
a dye in it, but regular oil will fluoress some on its own. I'd be
fixin' to take it to a show where, if there is some freon in it, can add
some more, check for leaks, then pull all the freon out for the repair.
The removed freon is yours, so they can put it back in, usually not
charging you for the gas that they pull out.

Where are you located?

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jorge Garcia, On 4/21/2010 10:37 AM: