Re: [Shop-talk] alternative fluids for parts washers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] alternative fluids for parts washers
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:47:29 -0400
Surprised no one's mentioned it yet.  Agitene.  They make a range of
products, both solvent & water based.

I have 2 washers, one setup with kero and one with Agitene.

If you have a lung issue - ever thought of getting a respirator?

At 04-16-2010 at 03:39, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Richard
Kleihorst's keyboard and said:
>Hi,
>
>I have a 45L parts washer and considering what fluid to use. Usually kerosine,
>diesel or petroleum based derivatives are used, but I have some health
>considerations because of the nasty chemicals inside. Especially the aromats,
>benzenes and olefinen are no use for cleaning, but unsafe to breathe.
>
>Does anyone have any experience with other cleaning agents, such as liquid
>soap, vinegar, cleaning soda?
>I tried to use the dishwasher (they clean with lye) but it might take 4 runs
>to do something decent for engine parts, and you have to make sure that the SO
>doesn't catch you.
>
>Richard

Cheers!

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums