Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:46:09 -0400
John,

I too built a pressure bleeder based on your article and a couple of
others that I found.  The master cylinder adapter has definitely been
the most challenging part for me.  Sure, for some cars you can just
pick up some readily available cap at the auto parts store and whip
something together.  But for others, it's a bit more difficult.  For
my MGs, I took an old original Lockheed cap, drilled it and soldered
in a fitting.  The gasket was still not up to the task of containing
any pressure.  Motive products does have quite a variety of adapters
available for purchase, but they are rather expensive for what they
are.  In any event, it's a great article, and once you get the cap
part worked out for the particular application, it works well.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums