Re: [Shop-talk] Cable ferrule pliers?

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Cable ferrule pliers?
From: "Shop at \" Just Brits \"" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 11:58:13 -0500
Hi Jim !!

<< If not, what are the best pliers to use? >>

Having done MANY of those type, I doubt seriously
you will find 'pliers' to do the job <G> !!!

<< I'd rather not spend $50+ on a specialized tool, but < $50 at an
easy place like Sears I would do. >>

I have used a regular chisel with the "blade" "rounded"
off so as to have a non-sharp tool and we made the
end almost identical to the "cup" of the ferrule.  Used
a "machinest steel" on the non-striking side.

First time I was on a tower [Rohn 25] at approx'ly 70'
and had NINE [9] to do IN THE AIR <G> !!!  Kinda
squirrelly !! LOL  Same thing again at 90' then again at
120' and finally at 190' [REALLY squirrelly - the tower
that is <VBG>] !!!

Ed

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums