[Shop-talk] Replacing Ford Brake Pedal Assembly

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Replacing Ford Brake Pedal Assembly
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 08:46:08 -0500
I am getting ready to sell my 1999 Ford F250 and have a buyer lined up.
However, the brake pedal occasionally sticks slightly on, causing the ABS
light to come on and the cruise control to cut out.  It comes and goes, but I
don't want to sell the truck that way.  We had the truck into dealer yesterday
for recall and they checked out the brake pedal.  They said the Pedal Assembly
needs to be replaced.  The part is only $67, but they are quoting $300 labor.
If this is a royal PITA job then I am happy to have them do it, or just deduct
the amount from the final sale price and be done with it.  On the other had,
$300 is real money if this is something I can easily do myself in a couple of
hours.  I don't have a manual for the truck, but could buy a digital one from
Alldata for under $20.  Before I spend the money on something I may never use,
does anyone know what is involved in replacing the pedal assembly?  And, maybe
even more important, what goes wrong with it that would require replacement,
rather than lubrication?  I was out of town when all of this happened, so I
didn't get a chance to talk to the mechanic and haven't inspected the assembly
yet.

inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_2