Re: [Shop-talk] Weird machine screw

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Weird machine screw
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:42:02 -0500 (EST)
    ISO-1222 specifies the connection, if anyone is really curious.  Not
worth $45 to me to find out, since 1/4-20 works on everything I own.

    For the record, most cameras have the threaded sleeve simply cast into
the plastic casing.  If you're, say, mounting it in a racecar and
subjecting it to high stress, it will eventually crack the case and be
free.  Ask me I know ;)  File under: Wish I knew that before it broke.

--
  David Hillman

PS Yes, that's a big file.