[Shop-talk] Snow blower repair

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Snow blower repair
From: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 12:17:53 -0500
I have a 15 year old Ariens 7hp Tecumsah engined 2 stage snow blower.  It
starts and runs well but no longer pitches the snow more than 6-8 feet.

I have adjusted the idler pulley and the cable to the clutch is tight enough.
I see no other adjustments to make for the the impeller.  I've tried every
thing I know to fix it but nothing has changed. The belts have very little
time on them.  I haven't worked on the throttle and am wondering whether I
should have more power under load.

My dad had a similar unit with a 6hp engine and that thing would throw the
snow clear across a 30 foot street.

Mine never did move the snow like his did but it is getting unusable.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/