Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Recall

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Recall
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:49:32 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010, David Scheidt wrote:
> There are also wide spread reports of electronic problems with the brakes
> and cruise controls of cars not fitted with the allegedly-defective pedals
> (mostly the prius, but also other models.)

    I'm not sure I'd call them 'wide-spread'.  They appear to have about
100 cases of people experiencing the same "ice-mode" issue that Subarus
have been plagued with for a decade or so.  Hard application of brakes on
bumpy roads confuses the ABS computer into thinking the wheels are locking
on ice, and it cuts braking force.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/03/autos/prius_complaints/index.htm?hpt=T1

--
  David Hillman