Re: [Shop-talk] Mythbusters sucks! [rant] (was: water heater

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mythbusters sucks! [rant] (was: water heater
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:54:38 -0500
Oh I don't know.  For some years I worked as a test lab engineer for Black
and Decker over in their power tool accessory division.  A whole lot of
testing is not as impressively rigorous as you'd think.  I recognize a whole
lot of what they do.  They don't have a perfect record (and neither did we),
they sometimes jump to conclusions, and ignore or miss key variables (like
using scale models).  But all in all, it ain't bad.