Re: [Shop-talk] Is this really true ??

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Is this really true ??
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:07:12 -0600
DC current flows primarily through the surface of a conductor, AC
current through the center of a conductor.  My biggect concern with
this stuff is that Aluminum can become brittle when subjected to
vibration (work hardening).  The aluminum core could fracture,
possibly causing arcing and a fire.  This is part of the reason
aluminum is not allowed in house wiring anymore.