Re: [Shop-talk] Roofing options for access to a steep roof

To: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Roofing options for access to a steep roof
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:24:19 -0400
There are roofing brackets made for this purpose, but they are
usually not left permanently installed.  Check here for an
example:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000224N2.  The idea is
that as you install the roof, you nail up these brackets.  Then,
because of the angled nail slots, you can push up on the bracket and
remove it from under the shingle that is now on top.  Pretty much
anything you leave up there permanently would be less than
attractive.  Is this out of view or in a place where appearance
doesn't matter?  And John, you're putting a lot of faith in a
doorknob.  Make sure your insurance is paid up!  :-)

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net