Re: [Shop-talk] air tank mounting/filling suggestions?

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] air tank mounting/filling suggestions?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:14:24 -0600
Soon after I got my air tank I removed the stock hose and air chuck,
left the
valve, gauge and pressure relief intact.  I added about a 4 foot chunk of
hose, put a female quick connect on the end.  Made up a filling valve which
consists of a ball valve with two matching male ends.  To fill the tank,
I hook
on end of the filler valve into a compressor outlet, hook the air tank
hose to
the other side and open the ball valve.

Tank fills in moments and you don't have to try and hold an air chuck to
the fitting forever.  Plus I can take a full tank to some spot away from the
compressor and plug any of my air tools into it.  On more than one occasion
I've used the big impact wrench to loosen lug nuts on a vehicle out of hose
range from the big compressor.

A worthwhile modification, in my opinion.

mjb.