Re: [Shop-talk] pressure washers

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pressure washers
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:33:28 -0700 (PDT)
Yes and No. It really depends on your particular situation and the concrete
itself. On asphalt where I've screwed up when changing the oil, it works ok,
and it's probably because it is harder to see the oil sheen on the black
asphalt. On concrete, like on my patio where I've had sythetic oil spill from a
broken bottle, it works too, but the nozzle has to be left on the spot for a
while. I've used the highest setting with no damage to the concreate itself,
but the stucco on the wall was like butter in comparison. After cleaning, there
was a slight stain, but much less visible than what it was. I have not painted
the concrete yet, but it is on my list of things to do.  As mentioned before,
for grease, a steam cleaner is much better.  Best I can offer is to try it.

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com