[Shop-talk] 220 outlets

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] 220 outlets
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:59:16 -0700
Most of my power tools (table saw, jointer, etc) are 220.  Some of them
are on independent circuits- the big 12" table saw, the welder, air
compressor, lathe, mill.  Some of the other stuff- radial arm saws,
bandsaw, jointer, etc have several outlets on one circuit.  I just
brought home a spindle shaper today, and it's 220, too, which got me to
counting; I have at least 12 220 volt tools in the shop.  I don't think
I have enough room in the panel for that many two pole breakers unless I
replace a bunch of them with skinny breakers.  I suppose I could also
put in a sub panel. For what it's worth, I'm the only one that uses the
shop and normally only one tool is ever being run at one time, except
the compressor which is on it's own breaker.

Thoughts?

Dave C