Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Tacoma rust

To: shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Tacoma rust
From: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:45:28 -0400
No I don't think they left off the anti-corrosion on purpose.  But I
am disappointed none the less because I am not entirely confident in a
repair that is not a routinely performed repair and that in some way
this is going to impact my selling or trade value.  I've seen some
miraculous restorations of British cars but in my opinion those guys
are as much craftsmen as mechanics and a totally different type of
operation.

I am unwilling to sell it and not disclose the issue privately.  I
wonder what the dealer will give me for it as is.  I don't know yet
but I'd be willing to bet it won't be blue book.

Not to mention I'm not ready right now to trade and buy a new
vehicle.  I wanted to keep this for at least another 2 years before
spending more money.  They seem to be making the effort as this is not
a "recall"  but a customer satisfaction issue. At least that's their
story.  As a confirmed skeptic I would be more willing to believe they
are covering their legal ass.

I guess I will find out later this week.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/