Re: [Shop-talk] Help springs (sort of)

To: Patricia Lane <lane495@nctc.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Help springs (sort of)
From: "David C." <cavanadd@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:48:35 -0700
Just make sure all the rest of the truck (including the tires) can
handle the load...

A couple of weeks ago I hauled a load of alder lumber home in the back
of my half ton, short bed GMC 2WD pickup.  About 620 board feet....Way
overloaded.  I had to stop in route and buy a new pair of rear tires as
the overload shredded one of the rear tires.  They were OEM General
tires, probably not the best, and they had 45K miles on them, but still,
I wasn't ready for a new set of tires just then.

Dave C