Re: [Shop-talk] LP string trimmer

To: Ron Schmittou <rs1121@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LP string trimmer
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:00:00 -0400
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Ron Schmittou <rs1121@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully adapted to refill the small bottles from a big
> storage tank?
>
> I have a big tank and refill the tractor from time to time - but have never
> tried the "grill" bottle or the smaller ones.

The small bottles are not designed to be refilled.  they have no
provision for venting over filling, nor are they marked for it.  That
said, there are adapaters available to fill them from a 20# tank.  If
you've got the fittings for it, filling a 20# tank from the storage
tank is no different than a forklift cylinder.  (It's been years since
I did this.  I think the forklift cylinders have a different gas
fitting than 20# bottles.  You need to use the internal left-hand
threads on the 20# bottle to refill it, not the external right-hand
ACME threads.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com