Re: [Shop-talk] weed killer

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] weed killer
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 06:01:13 -0400
Well, creosote and diesel fuel are still available...

Roundup comes in many different formulations and concentrations.  Since you
mentioned Ortho brush killer in the same sentence, I'd speculate that you're
dealing with the very wimpy Roundup sold at Home Depot and the like.  Go to
an ag supply store.  It'll cost you about $700 for a 3 gallon jug, but it
works.  Mix it with the commercial 2,4-D, and pretty much everything dies,
but there is very little residual.

Since you want scorched earth under the fences and around the buildings (I
do understand), Southern States carries a granular that does this.  Don't
remember the name though.  Not cheap!  But it kills everything, and leave
the ground bare for about 5 years.  Do understand, it kills everything.
Grass, trees, etc.

If you really want to open the door to nasty herbicides, get your
applicators licence, then you can play with Gramoxin and other nifty things.