[Shop-talk] Caulking driveway seams

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Caulking driveway seams
From: "Ron & Mary Trimmer" <trimmer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:37:55 -0500
When I poured my driveway, I used one inch cedar boards to divide the
sections, provide strike off surfaces, and to serve as expansion joints.

Many years have passed.  Lots of the boards have rotted out.

I want to caulk the gaps and seek recommendations on how to do it.  I
remember someone recommended sand to within a certain distance of the top
and caulking on top of the sand.  Does that work or is there something
better.

I know there is self leveling caulk that can be used.  I did get an air tool
power caulk gun some years ago in anticipation of the project.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Ron Trimmer