[Shop-talk] living near a power plant

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] living near a power plant
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:47:46 -0700 (PDT)
I found a house that I like (garage is 28 x 21, it may have bedrooms and a
kitchen), but it is within sight of the stack from the local oil fired steam
plant.  From MS Streets, I would estimate one mile straight line.  Now, I'm a
fan of electricity and conceptually this doesn't bother me, but I feel the need
to be informed.  When I look at the environmental release form, it puts out
2000lb lead, 30k lb vandium, 50k lb nickel, 66k lb hydrochloric acid and 450k
lb sulfuric acid per year.  I still don't feel informed.  Does anyone have
practical experience or know of a reference related to living near a power
plant?

Thanks,
Ron