Re: [Shop-talk] well that can't be good...

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] well that can't be good...
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:43:46 -0500
We had a similar issue at our previous home.  We ended up replacing
the water heater.  It was in the basement, so we wanted to get all of
the water out before hauling it up the stairs.  Even after removing
the drain valve we were sill not able to get much out of it.  So it
took three guys and a two-wheel cart to haul it up the stairs.  Once
outside we inverted it and got about four or five more gallons of
water out.  It went to the recycling facility that way.  Not sure how
much crud was inside, but it was definetly not doing much water
heating anymore anyway.