Re: [Shop-talk] Outdoor Oil Tanks

To: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>, "Shop Talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Outdoor Oil Tanks
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:00:24 -0500
Not exactly sure where you live but in Minnesota an outdoor tank means you
need #1 in the winter - slightly more expensive than the #2 you can use in
the summer. My mom's is in the basement to insure that they could always use
the cheaper #2. There was another one that was outside the garage for the
heater in the garage and we had to make sure it had the correct oil in it
otherwise it would not flow when it got really cold. And it eventually
rusted out of the bottom from the condensation that collected in the bottom
of the tank while the one in the basement is still going strong after 60
years.

Arvid